Добавляйтесь, друзья, в долгу не останусь

вторник, 15 февраля 2011 г.

Saturday Morning Anime: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Final Impressions!

PSG is finally over! This anime has been one wild ride; I looked forward to Fridays because I always wanted to see what Gainax would do next.  Everything about this anime was random, even the final episode. Seriously, I’m still wondering what the hell just happened…
Honestly, the final seconds of episode thirteen will terrify and excite you at the same time. The good news is there’s going to be a second season, the bad news is, well you’re going to have to watch and find out. I can’t bring myself to spoil what happens.
Overall, I’d give Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt a 9/10. Gainax hit a home run with this anime; I loved the humor, animation, randomness, and soundtrack. Speaking of soundtracks, I think this is the best one of 2010, besides K-ON. It fits the style of the show perfectly.
If you’re still on the fence about PSG, I urge you to give it a chance. I think a lot of fans got turned off by the initial trailer and first episode. I understand, but if you stick with it you will be rewarded. Not only is this anime hilarious, it has a few surprises up its sleeve that makes it an enjoyable ride.
Yes this anime pays homage to American pop culture, but who cares? Open your eyes and look past the “simple” animation style and you will find that PSG is all Japanese at its core. Happy holidays and thanks for reading! See ya next year!

1 комментарий: